Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Jeans & Knit Top for Me!

I am so tired of not being able to find jeans that fit me properly. So I decided to make my own. I like to wear my jeans around my hips and loose in the thigh area. To get that in RTW jeans - I need to size up and the waistband is usually too big. I used the latest women's ottobre issue for both of these patterns. I modified the jeans to taper more in the waist area. It made need to come in some more. A couple more iterations and I should have it exactly how I like them. I even did the rivets on the pocket. The top is a also from that issue. I fund this fun knit - it is very thing though. I think I will size the top down next time.

Front of the Jeans:

Back of the Jeans (please don't mind my big butt):


Knit Top: (The bound neckline could use some help - but the fabric was so thin to work with.)

And the whole outfit:

Thanks for looking.

No comments: