Saturday, December 30, 2006
Saturday, December 23, 2006
Here is a close-up of the neckline. The photo was taken without a flash.
Now I just need to make a purse to match and I can mail it to her. Hopefully it fits just right. I did make a "practice dress" and sent that one to be tried on. From that I made some modifications before finishing the brocade dress.
Here are two ring slings that I have just completed for custom orders. The first is a chocolate brocade with purple/blue/green butterflies. It is coordinating blue sling rings.
The second on is a black and silver brocade. I love this fabric so much I have decided to make one for myself as well.
The photos do not do these justice. I love the brocades. These fabrics are prewashed so that the slings are machine washable.
Thursday, December 07, 2006
The hardest part of making a quilt like this is the cutting of all the seams. I read a suggestion to use spring loaded scissors and now I understand why...tired hands. This quilt is approximately 45" x 60" and the squares 5".
The next thing I made for the MDC swap was a tote bag. It was requested in solid colors. I hope the woman receiving likes it:
It is lined in the cream color and the straps are two-toned.
The last gift I made for this swap was a hooded character towel. Meet Froggie - he is going to live with a little man and be his summer pool wrap.
Thanks for looking.
Friday, December 01, 2006
Here are some photo of my projects from the DIY swap on diaperswapper. I received kit to make a stenciled shirt, tie-fleece blanket, I spy bags, and a photo collage. So far I have only found the time to make the blanket and the shirt. Here is the blankets I made. I cut the fabric that I was send in half and made them the perfect size for my children to use in their car seats. These are so easy and fun to make. I have found that you really do need to make the fringe wide - or your fingers get really tired from knotting. The fringe looks better wider too.
The next project that I completed was the stenciled tee shirt. I started with a long sleeve tee shirt from Old Navy, stencil and fabric paint. My daughter helped me with the painting so the links are not absolutly clean (but she loved helping me make it and that matters more than perfection - right). We also decided that a sparkle was needed for the center of the flower. First I tried to use one of those stone setter to affix the rhinestone but it put a hole in the fabric. So I have to find a larger rhinestone than I really wanted and I used gem glue to affix the rhinestone. The photo was taken before the gule dried - and it did dry clear. It has held up well going through both the washer and dryer.
Thanks to the ladies who sent me these projects! It has been really fun to try something new.