Sunday, June 08, 2008

Paris Ruffled Capris

The first time I saw the ruffled culottes in the Chasing Fireflies catalog, I could not wait for the opportunity to make a pair. My daughter will not wear them because it is not a dress. So I took a chance and thought I would make them for the birthday swap. Moon if you are looking and you think your daughter would prefer a dress/skirt (I can always send a redondo).

This fabric had been sitting on my shelf for a little while. I liked it when I purchased it but did not know what I wanted to do with it. Then this project came about and it was perfect. The embroidery design was free on sewforum at one time (IIRC).

I started with a capri pants pattern and added the ruffles to the back and bottom. The top is a modified top from otto. I shirred instead of encased elastic and added tie-backs instead of shirring.

So much for the book - here are the photos:

Front:
Detail of the embroidery:
Back:

Thanks for looking!

No comments: