Monday, September 15, 2008

Mickey Shirts

Some more things from my Disney Swap. My partner had shirts similar to this on her wist. I have not tied dyed anything since high school (which was a long time ago). So I went looking online for a tutorial. I found this one. The shirts I purchase were 50% cotton and 50% poly which I thought would be a problem. But I soaked in a soda ash soultion first and then went ahead and tried it anyway. Well, it seems to have worked. I have washed them once and it did not run. I made a total of 6 shirts (4 for the swap and 2 for my children). I have been informed that I need to make some more for our October Disneyland trip.

Thanks for looking!

No comments: