Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Princess Dress to fit a Princess

Well, my daughter insistes on only wearing Princess dresses (any dress that flairs way out when you spin). Since we are going back to Disneyland for her birthday - I thought she needed a fancy Princess dress.

I started with the idea of a halter style dress. I also wanted the back to be shirred (I thought it would look better than just encased elastic). So I found a basic halter pattern and modified from there. I added the shirred back panel. The skirt is almost a complete circle to maximum twirl factor - which is very important to my daughter. Three fabrics were layered in this skirt. The under skirt is a sparkly pink fabic, the middle layer is a layer of tulle, and the top skirt is the princess fabric. All the skirts are finished with a rolled hem. I really like the rolled hem on the tulle. The search is now on for the perfect button - I am thinking a princess crown. I am not sure why it matters though with my daughter's long hair no one will ever see it - LOL.

Here is the result:




This is just a detail photo of the skirt hems.

Thanks for looking!

No comments: