Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Tinkerbell Disney Patchwork Dresses

After I posted the photos of my daughter's Disney patchwork dress, I was commissioned to make a pair of them for sisters.

One is size 18 month and the other is about a 4/5T. The large one is made of 151 5-inch patches and the smaller one is 40 5-inch patches. So in total I sewed about 190 patches together to make these two dresses. The older sister is just crazy about Tinkerbell so both bodice fronts are Tinkerbell and the back bodice has the work Princess centered on it.

The dress are just about complete circles for maximum twirl factor. Can you just imagine the little one twirling in these dresses?

This is the 18 month one:


I don't think I could get all the patches in the photo. Here is the 4/5 one:

Not a great photo - but here are the two of them together.


If is fun to be able to use so many different fabrics in 2 dresses.
Thanks for looking!




1 comment:

TheMacPherson said...

These dresses are GREAT! What a good idea to do with scraps too! Thanks for sharing. Amy